Python is Very simple language and Very straightforward syntax. A lot is happening in the world of Python. Companies are referencing Python in job descriptions. Coding is changing so fast, we gathered some of our favorite pieces. We hope they help you with your Python programming journey! Polish Your Skills.
Python is developed by Guido van Rossum. Started implementing Python in 1991. Can be learnt even if you are new to programming. It’s a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language.
Python can be used on server to create web applications, can connect to database systems, used to perform complex mathematics calculations and many more
Interesting fact: Python is named after the comedy television show Monty Python’s flying circus. It is not named after Python snake.
Features of Python:
- Readable – It’s like Cherry on top. Easy to Read
- Cross-Platform – Can run on various operating systems such as Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix etc. This makes it a cross platform and portable language.
- Memory management -Python supports automatic memory management which means the memory is cleared and freed automatically. You do not have to bother clearing the memory.
- Free – Python is free to download and use.
- Standard Library – Python has its own library with some handy codes that helps us to write code easily.
- Exception handling – Supports exception handling which means we can write less error prone code. If you do not have Python installed, one can download it from https://www.python.org/
Lets look at Syntax:
Python was designed for readability, just like simple English language that we use in our day-to-day life.
The major part of it is, it relies on Indentation.
Indentation is nothing but the spaces we use at the beginning of our code.
Tune yourself into developer mode and kick start the coding!!!
As a developer you write Python files in a text editor and then put those files into the python interpreter to be executed.
Example: Helloworld.py (file name)
Run a python file is like this on the command line:
Now, we have created file.
Let’s write our first python file in any text editor.
As simple as it looks. Save your file, navigate to your directory and run the code.
It will give output as:
Hurray!!! You have done your first Coding.